Saturday, December 23, 2023

Christmas 23

 Good morning everyone!

Today is the last of this year’s new craft-made items. The Poinsettia was a free pattern with a knitting magazine. It used a small amount of red and green double knitting yarn, a brooch back, and some beads that I added.

 The pattern was simple to follow, although the instructions for sewing up were open to interpretation. Just ‘look at the picture’, it said. Not helpful!! However, I think I did a reasonable job.

I always sew the brooch back onto a piece of felt first before attaching it to any knitted item. I pinned and steamed the knitted poinsettia overnight and was greeted by the finished flower this morning.



Festive wishes to you for today!

B x

8 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so pretty!!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    Hug
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna and have a very Happy Christmas too x

      Delete
  2. This is lovely.

    Happy Christmas Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    PS Visiting from Jo's Through The Keyhole Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment and for visiting here. Merry Christmas x

      Delete
  3. Oh how sweet... I want it as a hair clip for Christmas :-))
    Well done, I really like it.
    I wish you all a Merry Christmas, be warmly hugged by Viola.
    The potato salad is now quickly stirred in for tomorrow evening and then everything is ready for me... there is a nice film today, let's see what I think, I have a few things in the pre-selection.
    Pure joy in the heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good idea to make the flower into a hair clip.It sounds like you are pretty much ready for Christmas now. Hope you enjoyed your film. Merry Christmas, Viola x

      Delete