Sunday, March 3, 2024

March Has Arrived!

 

Hello everyone.

It is great to be back, and thank you for all your good wishes last week when I was not feeling well. Unfortunately, it is D's turn to feel under the weather now. Hopefully, after a few day's rest, she will be up and about again.

Today, I had a lovely lunch with my hubby, son and his fiancée at a local restaurant to celebrate my birthday. It was a shame D couldn't be with us, but we promised to go out together again when she felt better. 

We have started the third month of 2024, which will be a busy month here. Already, we have celebrated St David's Day, and although I don't have any Welsh relatives, I enjoyed making this miniature knitted daffodil to add to my twiggy tree. The daffodil is the national flower of Wales.




This week I'm continuing to work on my cross stitch and starting to sow a few more seeds for the garden. D and I finished reading part 2 and 3 of Shakespeare's Henry VI plays and are deciding what to read next. We also enjoyed watching the 'Hollow Crown'.

Looking a long way ahead, we already have something to look forward to next year. D was fortunate enough to see Torvil and Dean when they were involved with the 'Dancing on Ice shows, and we have some tickets for their final show in April 2025 before they retire. We are all very excited.

I'm hoping for some dry weather this week, but the rain clouds continue to dominate the skies. However, spring is slowly arriving with longer days and some intermittent rays of sunshine.

Wherever you are I hope you all keep well and have a lovely week.

B x


******************************************************************************

I forgot to say that the daffodil pattern was from here . It was a free pattern if anyone wants to try it x

24 comments:

  1. Firstly so pleased you are feeling better and secondly, so pleased that you enjoyed a lovely lunch with your hubby, son and his fiancée at a local restaurant to celebrate your birthday.
    Happy birthday wishes from me too :)
    Sorry that D is not feeling too well at the moment, sending get well wishes.

    I do like your daffodil and your twiggy tree looks great.

    Have a good week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan for your good wishes. We had a lovely meal together. D is still suffering at the moment and is wrapped up in bed for now. A few days rest will be good for her. I enjoyed making the daffodil and will add a few more during the Spring. Have a good week .

      Delete
  2. Sp pleased you're feeling better, you were missed! Hope D will soon be well too.. love the daff, we had Welsh cakes, not the diet but delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Chris. You are so kind. D will be ok in a few days I'm sure. Sometimes the diet needs to be left behind. I'm glad you enjoyed your Welsh cakes :-)

      Delete
  3. I'm pleased to hear you're feeling better. Happy birthday!
    I hope D feels better soon - too many bugs around at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind wishes. I think we all want to see the back of the current crop of bugs and wet/windy weather. I'm looking forward to warmer and sunnier days.

      Delete
  4. The daffodil is delightful.
    I'm very glad you are feeling better and I hope D is the same soon.
    Belated Happy Birthday to you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy for all your kind wishes to both D and myself. Actually you are right on time, as my birthday is today ( 4th ) xx

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday, glad to hear you are feeling better, hope D improves, love your knitted daffodil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marlene. The sun is shining and it feels like a good day . Hope your day is going well too x

      Delete
  6. Glad you feel better but sorry about D...
    Love the daffodil...too sweet!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday wishes and I'm glad you are feeling better. I hope D feels better soon:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosie, for your birthday wishes. Hopefully D will be up and running again soon. Have a good week x

      Delete
  8. Yes, Happy Birthday wishes and I will add my wishes for D to feel better very soon. So glad you are on the mend. Your daffodil is lovely, as is your twiggy tree. I enjoyed your post Beverley, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise. I'm better now. D is still suffering at the moment but your kind wishes will cheer her up. The daffodil was a very quick and easy make so a perfect project for an evening x

      Delete
  9. Lots of lovely things Bev, except poorly family. Here's to March. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. March makes me want to get outside as much as possible. When the sun is shining, I need to be out in the garden, even if it is just to potter. I just wish all those nasty bugs would disappear though!!

      Delete
  10. Wishing you a belated Happy Birthday, it sounds like a lovely celebration. Such a shame that D couldn't join you, sending get well wishes to her. How exciting going to see Torvil and Dean, that's something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo. There are still a lot of nasty germs around at the moment but D will be fine very soon. We are all looking forward to the show next April.

      Delete
  11. I love that daffodil and it's given me an idea. I think I'll try and knit or crochet a bouquet of flowers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cherie. What a brilliant idea. I look forward to seeing your flowers :-)

      Delete
  12. Happy Birthday Beverly. I hope D feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christina. It's been quite a slow and steady week but enjoyable all the same. D continues to suffer with the cough but is much more herself now. Enjoy the rest of your weekend :-)

      Delete