Sunday, October 20, 2024

Cookies, Cheesy Crumbles and a Tea Party

 

Hello everyone. 

D and I do enjoy your company and hope you will stay for a bite to eat this week! 😀


D has been baking again this week, making some chocolate chip and fudge cookies. As she had little time to spare, she used a prepared mix and added the fudge pieces to the recipe. She made nine cookies, but as you can see, they disappeared very quickly.


Not to be outdone by my daughter, I also put on an apron and spent time baking tea party nibbles. I made cheese and spring onion crumbles, perfect for various dips.


I first saw the recipe on Lucy from Attic 24's blog quite a few years ago, and I have loved it ever since. The original recipe used walnuts, but I have never used them myself. I used spring onions this time, but I have used chives instead. Another alternative I will try next time is cheese and chilli and also cheese and chutney.  They will be fun to try for the festive season!



Last week, I mentioned that Hubby and I visited a favourite garden centre to get a few new plants. As we walked through the entrance, we were met by sparkles, baubles, and trees everywhere. While it is far too early to think seriously about December, one display caught my attention. I thought ending this week's post with part of the Mad Hatter's tea party from the book Alice in Wonderland was fitting. With those empty plates, it looks like all the treats have disappeared as quickly as they do in this small corner.


D and I hope you have a lovely week ahead and that you enjoy some fun treats, both edible and non-edible. 


Have fun.


B and D 

xx

3 comments:

  1. Anything with a bit of fudge must be good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chocolate chip and fudge cookies and the cheese and spring onion crumbles look good ... I am sure they all disappeared quite quickly!

    What a lovely Mad Hatter's tea party display that is :)

    Enjoy the coming week, hopefully the strong wind and rain many experienced today will have passed over and we can enjoy some sunshine.

    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete