Sunday, October 27, 2024

Late October Days

Hello everyone. D and I hope you are well.

 

If you live in the UK, did you remember to put the clocks back one-hour last night as we officially ended British Summer Time? We have forgotten at least once in previous years, but it was some years ago. Now, we continue to celebrate and enjoy the end of October and look forward to the start of November at the end of the week. How fast the year has sped by again.


This Sunday afternoon has been beautiful and sunny in this small corner, and I felt a need to be outside enjoying a walk with my family.

The recent rain has made the ground very wet and muddy, making walking challenging without boots. However, a few miles away, there is a lovely large park with cindered pathways, which we needed. 


Arrow Valley Country Park is in Redditch, Worcestershire and covers over 900 acres of parkland with a large lake to walk around. There are several trails to follow, and we followed one of them today. The warm weather had drawn many visitors outside, like ourselves, and we saw many dog walkers, joggers, and families with children who were both walking and using bikes. D, hubby, and I had a delightful walk in the afternoon sunshine.










Wandering in our garden earlier this week, I was delighted to see the first tiny shoots of these miniature daffodils starting to appear in a container. Although I abandoned them at the end of the garden all year, they have fended very well for themselves. They are now preparing for the promise of beautiful yellow heads in the new year to herald the return of Spring, so I already have something to look forward to next year.



This week, I had my second of three sessions at the dentist to fix my tooth. After the first session, I was feeling uneasy, especially considering the cost. However, a change in treatment plan brought a pleasant surprise-a much lower bill. And yes, I still have the tooth!


Friday was a great day here.  It was loud at times, but I am so happy.


After enduring three years of worn stair carpets and half-painted stairways, we finally had new aqua-coloured carpets fitted to the landing and stairs. The vibrant colour adds a fresh look to our home, and now, food or uncovered mugs are strictly prohibited upstairs, under threat of...




Finally, I wanted to update you on the
cross stitch I have been working on. There is still quite a bit to do, but progress is being made. I am making some changes to the original design to make it more personal for our son and daughter-in-law. The special place will be the castle where they got married; the bride is red-haired, not blond, and I want to add the fireworks they had in the evening. They are an adventurous couple in their travels, and I want to reflect that in this sampler. I now need to press on to prepare it for them at Christmas. 








We wish you all a wonderful week.


B and D

x

2 comments:

  1. The autumn colours are beautiful in your part of the world, Beverley.
    And the cross stitch is gorgeous. What a meaningful gift. I'm sure the bride and groom are going to love it. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Jules. I'm enjoying the season too. Autumn colours are so beautiful with all the leaves, flowers and seed heads.
      The cross stitch is slow going but I'm trying to do a bit each day to get it done. I can't wait to give it to C and J at Christmas.

      Delete