Sunday, October 15, 2023

Finishing A Few Small Jobs

Hello and welcome back to our small corner.

What is the definition of a small project, and how long before it becomes a long-haul project? 

Is it a large project or one that you have had to work on for far too long?

Such are the daft questions I had floating around my head this week.

D is a novice knitter and she finished this Autumn scarf earlier in the year. It is lovely with a thread of twinkle running through it but we both thought something was still missing. 


I said I would make a few flowers and leaves to finish it off, and then... it just stayed in a bag for several months. 

So...

This week, I have been on a 'finishing-off projects' mission. I crocheted three Autumn coloured flowers and a couple of leaves, and now the scarf looks like this. D and I are both delighted with the results.



Repairs to D's favourite slippers were next on my 'to-finish' list. The slippers have a pair of furry bobbles that had fallen off some months ago, and now, after putting off the task for far too long, D is modelling her favourite footwear.


This cross-stitch is another little project that I completed this week: all it needed was to have a backing on the reverse.



Finally, I revamped the fastening on this cushion to deal with my procrastination on specific projects. I was never entirely happy with how the cushion turned out, but I placed it on the 'I will deal with it later' pile.

That was 12 months ago, and I have been staring at it literally and metaphorically across the lounge.

And here it is after I added a few buttons. It was an easy thing to do, but it has made such a difference!!


As you can see, it has been quite a productive week and I am very pleased with everything I have been able to accomplish. Whatever your plans are for this week, I hope you have a good one.

B x

11 comments:

  1. It is so satisfying to complete small tasks. I like the flowers on the scarf - and on the cushion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have a few more things to finish for next week to keep me busy.
      Have a good week . Best wishes to Gilbert and Roxy.
      B x

      Delete
  2. You've reminded me of some jobs I need to finish up! I like the flowers on the scarf. Are they detachable? If so you could change the design up depending on mood! Hope you both have a satisfying week ahead. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those flowers are attached, but as D has another scarf she is currently working on I might make them detachable. Thank you for the idea. Have a good week, Simone.
      B x

      Delete
  3. I have the same slippers, but so far the bobbles have stayed on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made sure to use some good strong thread so that the bobbles stay put this time.

      Delete
  4. It's such a great feeling to get WIP stuck finished, I love an afternoon doing just that, my problem is the motivation to get started with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's also a little embarrassing on my part, as some of the things were literally 5 minute jobs. I am pleased they are done now. I found that if I really want to get something done I write about it here and then I feel more encouraged to finish it. At least that is the theory.

      Delete
  5. I am trying to get things fisinshed up around here, as well. Not an easy task!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello D and Beverley. Your crafting skills are very good. You have both inspired me. Now the nights are drawing in I feel I should get back to some knitting, crocheting or embroidering. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda from both of us. We will look forward to where the inspiration takes you. Have a lovely weekend.
      Beverley and D x

      Delete