Sunday, December 17, 2023

Christmas 17

Hello everyone.

After Mum's rather 'unsubtle' hint about gingerbread, I spent yesterday afternoon baking some gingerbread biscuits, ready for Christmas. I need to decorate them with icing closer to Christmas Day. 




While I was in the mood for baking, I also made some chocolate orange cupcakes, which I will decorate this week. For now, we shall keep the cupcakes in the freezer.






Hello from B.


I took a mini break yesterday as D baked her gingerbread biscuits and chocolate and orange cupcakes. Instead, I found a gingerbread puzzle to work on. It only has 108 pieces, but it is challenging to complete. Hubby was able to finish it quite quickly, though.







Enjoy your day 


B and D xx

16 comments:

  1. I've just been catching up on all your December doings! So much creativity and Christmas cheer from the pair of you - just lovely! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get busy in the kitchen, as well! Things look yummy here!
    Love the cute puzzle!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we have most of the ingredients for what we want to make, just need to put them together in a sweet way :-)

      Delete
  3. Chocolate orange - my favourite combination - but I love gingerbread, too. Your house must have smelled wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm making more subtle hints about Christmas Rocky Road, which could also involve chocolate and orange or possibly ginger :-)

      Delete
  4. Love the sound of chocolate orange cupcakes. Gingerbread isn't something I've ever baked but love to eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a taster of the gingerbread. Yummy! Chocolate orange cupcakes have to be frozen simply so that they don't get eaten too quickly :-)

      Delete
  5. My niece was here yesterday making gingerbread biscuits and cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of lovely baking going on at the moment everywhere. Enjoy the biscuits and cupcakes with your niece x

      Delete
  6. Oh, my, that all looks amazing. I can almost smell that gingerbread! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something very wonderful about the smell of gingerbread at Christmas. I love it :-)

      Delete
  7. All the baking looks so yummy and must smell divine! Cute jigsaw puzzle of the gingerbread house :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good to have a Christmas smelling kitchen :-) I'm thinking of framing the puzzle for next year.
      Have a good week as we head up to Christmas x

      Delete
  8. I baked some gingerbread myself just the other day. I think I must have the same cookie cutter set :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the cookie cutters were a set that D bought for me last year. I love gingerbread :-)
      Enjoy your gingerbread too.

      Delete