Sunday, March 17, 2024

St Patrick's Day 2024

 

Hello everyone,

I visited a doll house show with D and my hubby this week. It has been a while since I worked on my own miniature house, and the show has given me new inspiration. I chatted to a lovely lady who exhibits at the show and whom I have met several times. She encouraged me to progress with my own house, and I returned home with renewed enthusiasm, along with a few purchases. D and I will report the progress and show pictures soon.

At the beginning of March we celebrated St David Day, the patron saint of Wales. Today, 17th March, it was the turn of Ireland to celebrate. St Patrick is the patron saint of Ireland. 

In Birmingham city centre, which is about 9 miles away from us, there has been the annual St Patrick's Day parade which has taken place for many years. This year the theme was Irish myths and legends.

Many people will have been enjoying the festivities, traditions and cultures of Ireland this weekend and while others may have been  dancing , drinking, wearing green or a shamrock, here is my contribution to the day. This little knitted leprechaun stands about 15cm tall and is clearly keeping a check on his pot of gold. He is made from some scraps of yarn and I used this pattern.




Here he is, joining the other decorations under my tree.

Whether you have been celebrating today or not I hope you have had a great weekend and the week ahead is also a good one x.

********************************************

Last night I tried very hard to add a few pictures of the current state of the doll house but they were very grainy and I have had better luck this morning. Now I just need to get on with more decorating 😊










Enjoy the rest of today x 

24 comments:

  1. Pleased you enjoyed the doll house show and came away with renewed enthusiasm.

    I do like your knitted leprechaun, he looks good under your twiggy tree.

    Enjoy the coming week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes all it takes is a little renewed inspiration to reignite the love of a project. It has certainly worked for me. The little leprechaun wishes you a happy day :-)

      Delete
  2. I love that little leprechaun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cherie. He is rather sweet leaning casually up against the tree :-)

      Delete
  3. Wow! That is one amazing doll house.
    And I love your kntted leprechaun. It's very cute. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the house is lovely and it is also very large. Hopefully the inspiration on Saturday will get me going on it again so I can complete another room. Leprechaun wishes you a happy Monday :-)

      Delete
  4. I'm just thrilled... what a beautiful dollhouse. Congratulations on this treasure.
    Your little knitted leprechaun for St. Patrick's Day is beautiful.
    Great job...
    many kind regards from Viola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the dollhouse. Still lots of work to be done on it but I will show pictures as it develops. My little leprechaun was an easy project to make and he looks happy resting under the tree doesn't he!

      Delete
  5. Your dolls' house is beautiful - so much attention to detail.
    The leprechaun is a delight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to keep the house as realistic as I can, adding things that I remember my grandma telling me about as well as some historical research. I have also named the house after the one my mum grew up in as a girl.
      Leprechaun is starting to blush with all the kind words he is receiving :-)

      Delete
    2. Leprechaun is a lovely addition to your Easter tree Beverley! Your dolls house is beautiful. I would love to have one. What size are your dolls and furniture? Is it 1:12? X

      Delete
    3. Thank you Simone, the leprechaun was another fun project to make. He seems to be quite happy resting underneath the twig tree. The dollhouse is 1:12 scale and is very large but I am determined to finish more rooms this year. I will let you know how it develops.

      Delete
  6. Aw, he is so very cute and I just love the doll's house - beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joy. The leprechaun has had a long day standing under the tree so he might take a quick nap when we have gone to bed :-) A lot of work still to be done on the dollhouse but I have plenty of ideas to be working on now.

      Delete
  7. Lovely post. Your little leprechaun is cute and looks great under your tree. Love your dolls house, I've always been fascinated with them. Have a good week:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosie. I have lots of plans for the dolls house after being inspired by the show last weekend. It would be good to see some progress on it this year. Have a good week yourself x

      Delete
  8. Your little leprechaun is so cute. What a beautiful dolls house, plenty of scope there to get your creativity flowing, I look forward to following along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo. I shall enjoy doing some more work on the doll house this year. I will show more of the house as it develops :-)

      Delete
  9. Aww!! Too cute! I love the dollhouse! Everything looks so realistic...
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna. I tried to take the photos to make it feel like you were actually part of the scene yourself. Have a good week x

      Delete
  10. I love the little leprechaun and your dolls house is amazing. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is rather a little cutie isn't he:-)
      Thank you for your kind comment about the house x

      Delete
  11. How wonderful! I would have liked a doll house when I was growing up. Enjoyed your photos. That's a lovely little leprechaun and the tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise. I have had the house for a long time and I feel inspired to do some more work on it now. I will share the progress here with you all. The leprechaun is also enjoying all the attention he is getting this week :_)

      Delete