Sunday, August 16, 2026

A Few Degrees Lower Makes All the Difference

Hello everyone,


I hope you are all well and the week has been good for you.


For most of this week, it has again been exceptionally hot, with more fires burning closer to home. Our son lives near Stourbridge, where people have had to be evacuated. I do hope people take note of the requests about lighting any outdoor fires at the moment. A spark can so easily cause flames to spread quickly. I am so grateful to the fire brigade and others who are working tirelessly to stop this happening.


This week we had the solar eclipse on Wednesday. Unfortunately, hubby only managed to get a few atmospheric photos of the sun's rays through the clouds that covered the skies. Our son managed to get a better photo.








Meanwhile, just a few more photos of the bees enjoying the sunflowers. They are such a joy to watch, as they are busy collecting nectar.






We also enjoyed a 30th birthday party with a friend, and this is what we bought her for a bit of bright fun. Hopefully it will keep her smiling whatever the weather. It is also practical, as it is a doorstop. 






With the cooler temperatures arriving this week, I intend to get back outside and try to bring some order to my frazzled garden.


Wishing you all a happy and safe week.


B x

12 comments:

  1. Your photos are really beautiful!!!
    The wildfires are terrible and frightening. We are having cooler temperatures here in Montreal, it is such a relief.
    Please stay safe and hydrated. Thank you so much for sharing these gorgeous pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. It has cooled down quite a bit today and rain maybe on the way soon. We were fortunate that no fires started in our area unlike where our son lives, but we are still aware of the potential danger.

      Delete
  2. The last two nights have been so much better the whole country must be catching up on their sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a relief to have cooler weather and be able to sleep properly again.

      Delete
  3. This is my first visit, just in time to see the wonderful photos of the solar eclipse. Stay cool!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Amalia. Thank you for visiting this small corner. Glad you liked the solar eclipse photos.
      Have a great week.

      Delete
  4. I love the doorstop. Simply delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cooler temperatures are very welcome. My heart goes out to anyone affected by the wildfires.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very glad that the weather is cooling off now. I can't imagine how awful it must be to have to leave everthing behind and not know what will be left when you return.

      Delete
  6. Super photos. I hope your son doesn't live too close to where the fires were, such an awful thing to happen. We have had them around here too, a local country park not far away and houses further up in the city, not as bad as Stourbridge though. Love the door stop, .what a great gift:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Rosie. Fortunately, our son lives on the opposite side of Stourbridge, so he has avoided the fires.
    I knew the doorstop was the perfect gift as soon as I saw it.

    ReplyDelete