Saturday, September 12, 2026

Green Tomato Chutney

Hello everyone.


The tomato harvest is finally over for this year in this small corner. This week, all the plants have been dug up, and the last red tomato fruits have been enjoyed. However, I also had quite a large number of green tomatoes to deal with. 


Thursday was chutney-making day. I have made chutney a few times before but never with green tomatoes.  I found this recipe to use. The only ingredients I changed were using some soft brown sugar instead of Muscovado sugar, and adding a slightly overripe eating apple.

To add a little interest to the finished jars, I added ribbon and a couple of green beads to imitate the tomatoes in the chutney. Now the family have a new chutney to enjoy. I will certainly be making it again.


Hubby and I will be away for a few weeks now, but will be back in October. Enjoy the rest of this month, whatever your plans are. 


See you soon.


B x


No comments:

Post a Comment