Hello everyone,
I hope you are all well and the week has been good for you.
For most of this week, it has again been exceptionally hot, with more fires burning closer to home. Our son lives near Stourbridge, where people have had to be evacuated. I do hope people take note of the requests about lighting any outdoor fires at the moment. A spark can so easily cause flames to spread quickly. I am so grateful to the fire brigade and others who are working tirelessly to stop this happening.
This week we had the solar eclipse on Wednesday. Unfortunately, hubby only managed to get a few atmospheric photos of the sun's rays through the clouds that covered the skies. Our son managed to get a better photo.
Meanwhile, just a few more photos of the bees enjoying the sunflowers. They are such a joy to watch, as they are busy collecting nectar.
We also enjoyed a 30th birthday party with a friend, and this is what we bought her for a bit of bright fun. Hopefully it will keep her smiling whatever the weather. It is also practical, as it is a doorstop.
With the cooler temperatures arriving this week, I intend to get back outside and try to bring some order to my frazzled garden.
Wishing you all a happy and safe week.
B x




Your photos are really beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteThe wildfires are terrible and frightening. We are having cooler temperatures here in Montreal, it is such a relief.
Please stay safe and hydrated. Thank you so much for sharing these gorgeous pictures.
Thank you, Linda. It has cooled down quite a bit today and rain maybe on the way soon. We were fortunate that no fires started in our area unlike where our son lives, but we are still aware of the potential danger.
DeleteThe last two nights have been so much better the whole country must be catching up on their sleep.
ReplyDeleteIt is such a relief to have cooler weather and be able to sleep properly again.
DeleteThis is my first visit, just in time to see the wonderful photos of the solar eclipse. Stay cool!
ReplyDeleteAmalia
xo
Hello Amalia. Thank you for visiting this small corner. Glad you liked the solar eclipse photos.
DeleteHave a great week.
I love the doorstop. Simply delightful!
ReplyDeleteIt made me smile as soon as I saw it.
DeleteThe cooler temperatures are very welcome. My heart goes out to anyone affected by the wildfires.
ReplyDeleteI'm very glad that the weather is cooling off now. I can't imagine how awful it must be to have to leave everthing behind and not know what will be left when you return.
DeleteSuper photos. I hope your son doesn't live too close to where the fires were, such an awful thing to happen. We have had them around here too, a local country park not far away and houses further up in the city, not as bad as Stourbridge though. Love the door stop, .what a great gift:)
ReplyDeleteThank you, Rosie. Fortunately, our son lives on the opposite side of Stourbridge, so he has avoided the fires.
ReplyDeleteI knew the doorstop was the perfect gift as soon as I saw it.
I didn't manage to capture any photos of the actual eclipse either but wasn't the light it cast quite eerie. I was expecting it to get darker than it did. It's definitely much cooler here today and there's a bit of a breeze too, I hope we get some sunshine back, I don't want summer to end too soon.
ReplyDeleteThe light streaming from behind the clouds was quite beautiful and it did get cooler here and a bit darker for a while during the eclipse. It is better this week but still feels quite close which I hate. I don't want Summer to end but cooler days are appreciated at the moment.
DeleteThat doorstop is fabulous! What a great present. X
ReplyDeleteIt was one of those things that was just perfect as a gift and it made us all smile including the birthday girl.
DeleteThe fires in Stourbridge were just awful. We don't live too far away, police have still sealed off one of the roads. I take that route to two of my daughters houses and my Roots allotment, It looks like a war zone, so sad :-(
ReplyDeleteSo glad of the cooler temperature this week, we could still do with some rain though, everything is yellow and faded.
I looked at your photos from the fires and they are so scary. It must be dreadful to know those areas as part of your everyday life and now the damage that has been done.
DeleteI'm glad it is cooler today and we have had a 5 minute shower this afternoon. Not nearly enough though.
We've had rain at last, but a lot of plants have dried up and we've had to cut them right down.. and blishfully its is cooler.
ReplyDeleteWe had a short rain burst this afternoon but not nearly as much as is needed. I shall have to cut back all the dead leaves and plants here and hope that they will rejuvenate for next year. A little cool air feels so good doesn't it. Enjoy the cooler days while you can and stay safe my friend.
DeleteSorry you're dealing with those temps, smoke, etc. We've had the opposite problem. We've had so much rain of late, there's lots of flooding in the area. Too bad I can't send you some of our rain. The eclipse pictures are awesome. And the close up of the bee in the flower is fantastic. You really captured it.
ReplyDeleteIt is cooling off a little bit, Sandy but we could really do with some rain. Hoping the flooding has not been too bad where you are.
DeleteGlad you liked the eclipse pictures and the ones of the bee in the flower. Thank you for your kind words.
The fires were simply awful. weren't they. We could smell them from where we live. Rain is so desperately needed.
ReplyDeleteI love the flower photos :)
Angie x
Let's hope there are no more fires and that the rain comes very soon. Glad you enjoyed the flowers.
DeleteMost excellent shots. That sky too. So cool.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Ivy. 😊❤️
DeleteI am so thankful the weather is a little cooler and many have had rain ... albeit only a little in some areas.
ReplyDeleteThe wild fires here in the UK have been awful and my thoughts are with all those who have been affected.
Special thanks and admiration to the firefighters, my nephew being one of the firefighters who has been helping bring the New Forest fire under control. To all the wonderful men and women who walk into danger to help keep us safe... I say a huge thank you.
The eclipse was a special event wasn't it, I enjoyed seeing your photographs.
I do hope this week is going well for you.
All the best Jan
Thank you, Jan for your comments, especially about the fire fighters and the tireless work they are doing to keep us safe. Thank you to your nephew for his work too.
DeleteGlad you enjoyed the eclipse photos.
Enjoy the cooler weather as we head into the weekend.
Sorry to learn of the fires in your son’s area. These fires are scary and can be devastating. Sending good thoughts for rain over there. Excellent photos!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Denise. Your kind thoughts have sent a little rain here and we are expecting more showers next week. 😊
DeleteI am very happy to hear that. Here’s to just enough liquid sunshine, and not too much :)
Delete❤️
DeleteThe solar eclipse was wonderful; we had a great view of it here, too. Your son managed to take a fantastic photo.
ReplyDeleteThe fires are terrible; they usually don't start on their own but are caused by human carelessness. People really ought to treat nature with much more care.
By the way, my husband is a firefighter, too...
We had a fantastic summer here; apart from a few brief hot days, I hardly had to water the garden plants, and we have a wonderful harvest—it rained very often here... I wish I could make August last forever :-)))
The doorstop is fantastic—what a great gift.
Warm regards and all the best. May the rain come your way, too...
It looks like there will be a little rain here this week which is much needed after the fires. I'm so grateful for firefighters like your husband, Viola.
DeleteThe flower doorstop was one of those items that I just saw at a garden centre and knew it would be a perfect gift.
Glad you liked the eclipse photos, it was a pretty special event wasn't it.
Have a great week.