Hello everyone.
I hope you have all had a good week. If you are in the UK, hopefully you will have had some cooler weather and maybe a spot of rain. If you live somewhere else that has already given you lots of the wet stuff, I hope the sun shines for you in the coming week.
Our son was on holiday in Morocco last week, so we have been keeping an eye on his two sweet girls, Lola and Nala.
On one of the days we were kitty-sitting, we ventured out to Kingsford Country Forest for a walk. It was clear to see how the weather had taken its toll on the ferns and other plants. Even so, there were green shoots and plants unwilling to give up completely. Kingsford is owned and managed by the National Trust and is in the southern half of the Kinver Edge escarpment. We followed one of the shorter routes for our walk, which was quite steep in places but still very enjoyable.
We found this swing in the forest but were not inclined to try it out!
Even though we found many areas that had been scorched and burnt by the excessive heat and sunshine of the Summer heatwaves, we did find plenty of places that were still green or showed some colour.
It has also been one of the busiest birthday weeks of the year for our family, with hubby, daughter and son celebrating their special days. I shall need next week to recover from all the cake. ππππ
Wishing you all just the right amount of sunshine and showers this week, good health, and something to make you smile.
Take care.
B x









Lovely photos. And the cat is adorable!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Linda. It was a lovely week spent with the cats. They are both very sweet girls.
DeleteAwww, it's nice that you're able to kitty-sit so that Lola and Nala can stay in their own home instead of having to go into a cattery, it's given you the chance to explore a different area on your walks too, it's nice to mix things up a bit. Happy birthday to your family members celebrating this week.
ReplyDeleteI think Lola and Nala would hate going to a cattery and I'm just glad that we were able to help out for the week. They were much more settled staying in their own home. Thank you for your kind wishes which I have passed on to the birthday people.
DeleteSweet beautiful kitties. I have six to take care of sometimes between my sons, daughters, abd sisters.
ReplyDeleteThey are very sweet kitty girls and we love to see them. One Christmas, when our son was fostering kittens, there were twelve of them. That was very hectic.
DeleteBeautiful cats, I bet they were a joy to look after. Kingsford Country Forest looks a lovely place to walk and hopefully with more rain it will soon start to look green again. I have one or two birthdays coming up in the next week or two, they all seem to come together. Have a good week:)
ReplyDeleteLola and Nala are 3 years old now and they are lovely girls. They enjoy plenty of playtime when we are there.
DeleteIt was lovely to visit Kingsford and the temperature was just about right for walking on that day. WE have had a little rain here but I will be happy to see more in the next few weeks.
Best wishes to all those who have birthdays coming up.
Have a good week, Rosie.
It's nice to have a break somewhere different.
ReplyDeleteYes it is good to get away for a short time from home and our son's house is not too far away.
DeleteAww lovely pictures of the cats.
ReplyDeleteEverywhere is so parched, I will be so pleased when we all get a decent amount of rain.
Happy birthday wishes to your hubby, daughter and son.
Enjoy this last week of August.
All the best Jan
Lola and Nala are lovely young cats and we enjoyed seeing them.
DeleteAt the moment it seems we are just getting the odd passing shower but nothing substantial at the moment.
The birthday people said "Thank you" for your good wishes. π
Last week of August where did the month go? Hope it is a good week for you, Jan.
Happy birthday to all your family members. You'll miss all the cake next week!
ReplyDeleteWe found a swing like the one you found in one of our woodlands. It was fun, but it disappeared after a few months, sadly.
Birthday people say"thank you" π Right now I am all out of cake love!
DeleteThe rope swing looked fun for someone just not me.
The cats are beautiful! I don't think I could have resisted a try on that swing :)
ReplyDeleteSending belated birthday wishes to your family. Xx
Lola and Nala are such sweet girls to look after and we always enjoy seeing them.
DeleteI think I might have struggled to get on the swing let alone getting off in one piece.
Thank you for your kind birthday wishes. It is always a hectic but fun week.